Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Canadian Lay's Winning Flavour: Wavy Jalapeño Mac N’ Cheese Review [UPDATED]

Shared by The Princess @ H1ME

[Updated with Sandy's review down below] 


Lay's website: https://www.dousaflavour.ca/
#DoUsAFlavourCanada

BOOYAH PEOPLE!
We know, we know, we're pretty late on this. But we didn't really bother about them chips until like last week or so LOL It took me a while to go to Erika's house okay. /creepers can't creep every day/

Basically, as a very vague intro, Lay's holds a flavour contest every year (correct me if I'm wrong..) and people just submit their flavours and whoever gets more votes, win. Last year's winner was Maple Moose. It was pretty much very Canadian, eh? Hihi.

Anyway, I was pretty sure that Bacon Poutine would've won because it was basically out of the shelves in less than a second. Or maybe a week or two, but same thing. To get my bag of Bacon Poutine, I had to wait for the Lay's delivery man to enter the store and basically rip the box away and finally get a bag okay. Although I also bought some at Maxi's but yeah. All of them have some pretty unique taste. Let's hope that the Wavy Jalapeño Mac N’ Cheese won't flop like last year's winner......

These are the flavours that got in the 2014 Lay's flavour contest:
  • Bacon Poutine
  • Cinnamon Bun
  • Jalapeño Mac N' Cheese
  • Tzatziki
Hellooo
So today Ling brought me (Erika) some of these "Wavy Jalapeño Mac N’ Cheese" chips for me to try out! So here is a review on my side! I was quite bored so i decided to take some pictures ^^

The front view
the dude that won the contest? congrats bro!
what it looks like!
Erika's verdict:
It tasted like the BBQ flavored Lay's feat. a hint of Jalapeño. I was quite disappointed since it barely had any Mac N' Cheese flavor u.u You can taste a tiny bit of cheese if you try really hard. It's pretty goood! I like it but I like Ruffles sour cream and onion more =w=. I'd totally buy this though o3o Although they are pretty salty x-x but chips are chips so that's fine =w=


Ling's verdict:
When opening the bag at first, there isn't much odor, but after a while, you can definitely smell the BBQ-ish, All Dressed mix smell. First taste definitely has some strong Jalapeño game there. But if you shove in 3-4 chips at once, that's how you can feel a bit of the cheese, which makes me like this chips LOL I'm not a big fan of wavy chips, but they're pretty okay. Although I have to say that I still prefer the Bacon Poutine, hihihi. But this chip can get addicting after a while, so A+ for them. Yep. Congrats Randall for marrying his best friend. I don't know what to say else.

Sandy's verdict:
As you may know, I was thinking of stealing the bag of of Jalapeño Mac N' Cheese chips from Erika and Ling a while ago. So Ling brought me a bag and left it in our locker . (THANK YOU FOR LEAVING FOOD IN OUR LOCKER. I WAS HELLA HUNGRY TODAY AND YOU SAVED MY LIFE.) Anyway, I thought these chips would taste really weird, but it wasn't that bad. I found that there was a lot of cheese flavor... probably, because I am not a huge fan of cheese. (LOL don't kill me Ling!!) Also, I almost couldn't taste the jalapeño which disappointed me. I like my food spicy~
P.S I asked my friends to try it out. Unfortunately, most of them didn't want to try it, because they found it hella weird and they didn't dare to try it. ):

Have you guys tasted it yet? Watcha think about this year's winning flavour?

6 comments:

  1. What about me? You didn't leave me some? D: I'm very sad.
    Sharing is caring, ya knowwww.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shhhhh... go out and get someee =w= use them legs Sandy!!!! LEGGOOOOO YOU GOTTA WALK FOR CHIPS B) ily <3
      ~Erika

      Delete
    2. Nah, you know I'm a mega lazy bum! I was near your house earlier and damnnnnn I forgot to steal some chips ;_;
      ily2 <3

      Delete
    3. WOW. GIRL. YOU WENT OUT OF YOUR HOUSE ERMAHGAWD. I don't have the chips anymoar LOL so good thing you didn't come LOLOL so much love
      ~Erika

      Delete
    4. Dudee, yo. Don't worry. Food is about to come soon because school is in one week. Hihihihihihihihihihi
      -Ling (sorry I'm too lazy to log on hihi)

      Delete
    5. SHUSH Erika. I made a big effort getting out of my house! D;
      and Alien, please leave some food... junk food in our locker. I'M COUNTING ON YOU FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

      Delete