Wednesday, January 27, 2016

CHEESY CHEEZ

Shared by Ling @ H1ME


Grill Cheez Food Court
Rate: 2 stars

General Overview
Well, well. This place is a food court, it's not any sort of spectacular meal.. How we ended up here? Long story short: Ling arrived to Erika's house very early, ends up the event we wanted to attend didn't started until 12PM, but Ling had to meet someone at 12:30PM in Downtown, so off we go and while waiting for the person to show up, we had to fill our tummy a little!

Anyway, done with the chitchat. Grill Cheez was a food court that Ling was expecting a lot because cheese, y'know? Cheese? BUT if you didn't know, Ling's a cheese fanatic. And so now you know :)

Very first impression of the place was okay. It looked like any other food court. Menu seemed okay as well. Workers seemed okay.......? To be very honest, this is the most unorganized food court we've been to. At first we were wary of giving our review of this place because we don't want to give them a bad name for that, but let's be honest. Asking for your order 10 times because they forgot and didn't write down our orders is a big stretch. All except this lousy way of working, the ladies were very sweet. But they totally didn't seem to want to work there. Sadly. Cheese is love okay.

This place is a to-go if you're really really really craving for grilled cheese, but you're very very very too lazy to make your own. During a short break, in-between shopping, waiting for someone, it's okay. As long as you're down to spend a $10 on a grilled cheese and a side dish (salad or soup).

All the sandwiches are pre-made, so you basically just choose your menu and they grill it on spot, like duh. LOL! They make their own cheese, 4 slices each sandwich; 2 yellow, 2 white. There's also a variety of salads and 2 soups of the day.

 

Grill Cheese - Bacon and Guacamole
Erika's verdict
I was actually expecting a lot from this place. The promoting videos shown as we were trying to choose something off the menu were very mouth-watering and appetizing. So I ordered the Bacon+Guac grilled cheese because avocadoooo!! along with a potato salad! Now. The first bite I took of this, I could feel myself getting hypernatremia. THIS HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE SALTIEST THING I HAVE TASTED. Okay now before any of you go like: "uh. should have expected that? there's bacon. duhhh" uh. PUHLEASE. The guacamole should have balanced it out. On top of that, it wasnt even guacamole okay. they were just slices of avocado. =_= #disappointed
Okay. about that potato salad. It was REALLY just meh. I could seriously find a better potato salad in Costco. Sorry bruh.


 

Grill Cheese - Pulled Pork
Ling's verdict
OKAY HOLD UP THERE. Erika got the special treatment and got her sandwich in a plate, while I had mine in a bag. Sad. Anyway, I got the pulled pork grilled cheese because I was feeling porky. Or more like, piggy. Oink oink. Ha. Haha. Hahaha! And also a cream of broccoli soup! The soup was pretty good. Tastes like broccolli (duh), creamy and just well seasoned. I don't know why the worker insisted on giving me salt and pepper, but I guess okay. Anyway, onto the sandwich. Maybe the BBQ sauce they had just doesn't match with cheese. There was an overpowering taste of the smoked, salty, and I'll be very honest, cheap, taste to the sandwich. The overall combination just doesn't seem to fit well together which kinda disappointed me. So maybe, if I try it again next time, I'll just go with the classic grilled cheese and see if there's actually a difference or if it's their "homemade cheese". The toastiness of the bread was pretty good. Suggestion tho, maybe they could butter up the bread too? I know that's very calorie consuming, but hey, it's a grilled cheese. Grilled cheese = comfort food. You don't go there if you're on a diet, okay. So yeah.. This place serves grilled cheese, but I was only satisfied with the soup.. Plus I didn't get to finish my sandwich. I, a cheese lover, didn't finish my food that has cheese. Impressive.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST! As always, we finished our day at Nosthés Bistro~ Sandy joined us for the drinks, after hearing her boy Winner's NAM TAEHYUN /totally didn't Google him/ was in Montreal! Unfortunately, we didn't meet him... But he was just around the corner (from his Instagram updates..). Another fun fact, he posted a picture that was about 5-6 minutes away from my house. #Prosoflivingneardowntown!
PS: If anyone needs it, Nosthés' WiFi password on the picture! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment