Saturday, January 2, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Shared by Ling @ H1ME

Sorry for the late update about new year!

We wish everyone a very Happy New Year. Hope you all have a great time ahead!!

If you've been following us for a while now, we always go out on January 1st and go for a food marathon! We did sushi and Chinatown's Cantonese cuisine in previous years! 

This year... Well.. We kinda failed and didn't really plan ahead so we just arrived at Plateau Mont-Royal quite late to find out that most restaurants were closed.. Sad.. But don't worry! We still got food~ As you may  have seen from HaNeul's post, we went for Korean food this time!

And as usual, here come Ling's food critic time!!

 


Restaurant 5000 Ans
Rate: 4 stars
http://www.duboiscountyfreepress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/4-stars.png 
Dishes: 
- Chulpan for 2
- Korean BBQ for 2
- Mandoo
- Takoyaki
- Odeng

Okay, so this isn't our first time here.

Ling, Erika and HaNeul came here once before for KBBQ a few years back.. Probably like 2? 3? 4? I have no idea.. It was yummy. 

And aside from that, Ling and Sandy came here quite often during college days. Wow, I'm talking as if that was like years ago but it was like until last semester a.k.a December LOL! But yeah, it was pretty much our food place when we craved for Korean food!

Anyway! Back to the review!
Sandy and I took a dish that we haven't tried before.. Chulpan! Let's just say that it was very, extremely, excessively, greatly, euh... highly! spicy! Unless you can eat spicy food well, it's not really recommended.. Sandy and I swore so many times to not get spicy dishes.. But guess who never keep that? Us two! Hehe! But the spiciness aside, the dish was pretty savory! I wouldn't exactly take it again because I'm bad with spiciness.. But it's still pretty good. Once again, 5000 Ans, doesn't disappoint!

Erika and HaNeul shared a Korean BBQ for 2. The meat's pretty okay. But the fire was very quick and holy. It was cooking and burning fast.. But the girls are smart *cough* the elders are too! *cough* and they cooked their food very nicely. Their menu included Dolsot Bibimbap. I didn't take a bite of it since that's my to-go dish, but pretty sure it's as good as always~

Also, regarding the takoyaki.. You see, the elder line don't think the same way as the younger line. Sandy and I totally didn't like takoyaki. We tried it like 3 times in different places and we're still no no.. But Erika and HaNeul had a pretty good response? Yep. So conclusion, if you're ready for a surprise when you eat, then takoyaki is your thing. It's like softly crunchy and the inside is really mushy. Did I describe that correctly? Oh well, that's my best description haha! [ERIKA] This was quite accurate LOL. I liked this takoyaki more than any others~ Usually I have the same opinion as the "elders" about them but I decided to try it at 5000 ANS, since I was craving for it~

Since outside is ugly, here's a prettier picture of the restaurant! 

Now, on to January 2nd!
This was totally unplanned, and Erika and Ling just went for food.



Restaurant Pho Moderne
Rate: 3½ stars
 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjTwXZihnfknI02ZgwONi-Zbw_qt4eCFbJljp7TrvXTiQEk7LLzO3yEIO6uAPOCA8akZDsDleje6d8QRqk5M2qVc1d0RyxaN5mP0Ms3hTrA7tkOgmZUIXshzDdJD5zTgvTojNZQXaZYeVZb/s1600/Blog+Review+3+Stars.png
Dishes:
Phở Đặc Biệt (Pho Combo with Everything)
- Gỏi cuốn (Vietnamese Spring Rolls)
- Chè ba màu (Rainbow Drink)
(LOL yes, the inner Viet me is coming out by naming the food in Viet hihi)

Oy, so I got no picture of the restaurant.. But you can look it up on Google! It's a pretty small and quiet place. We actually went in because 1) We ate with Sandy there once before and heck their Rainbow drink was delicious 2) That's the only food I could see around and I was hella hungry.

So I got the Pho since I was hungry while Erika got the Spring rolls as she ate a bit earlier. All phos taste the same for me? I mean the broth was pretty good. Not too salty as I like it and the noodle's chewiness was just perfect. The meat weren't really my thing. But then I don't exactly go for the meat when I eat pho. Yes, even if I took the Đặc Biệt..

I guess the sping rolls were also good. Erika didn't say much. But she also took that last time, so nothing new! [ERIKA] It was actually better last time ;-; This time, the spring rolls weren't prettily wrapped and it was really dry and rough? and the lettuce was bleh.

As for the drink!! Yo, it wasn't the same person as last time so it took hella long for the drinks to come.. Plus, it wasn't as good, but still pretty good. If you haven't tried Chè ba màu, go to your nearest Vietnamese restaurant and get that. NOW. I don't like coconut, but I love this drink.

But yep! Overall, it was just pretty okay. I wasn't exactly impressed by anything, thus 3 stars.. But then I'm quite picky with Vietnamese food.. So meh. Not too too bad. Go visit if you're in town!




Bakery Dessert ETC.
Rate: 3 stars
https://awomanwithapen.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/3stars.png

Okay, so we actually bought these mini cupcakes yesterday with Sandy and HaNeul but we didn't get to eat them so there were our desserts today!

I tried the Nutella Banana one.. And let me tell you. There's a reason why I don't eat cake. It's really really not my thing. It's like dry and sweet and nono. I won't say much if it's really good or not because I don't like cakes, so.. Don't rely on me for this. Erika might update this post later, so listen to her words haha! [ERIKA] I like cake a lot. I ate the coconut cupcake and the carrot cupcake! So about that coconut cupcake, only the frosting and toppings were "coconut worthy"? The cake was just a regular white sponge cake #disappointed. As for the carrot cupcake, it tasted like any other carrot cakes you would be able to eat out there nothing special and the frosting was just average too... But anyway. "Nutella" Banana. I can definitely taste the banana.. But the nutella? Nope. Not even a tiny bit. I know what Nutella taste like but it was basically just some dark chocolate and some milk chocolate mousse. Tho the banana flavour was quite okay! 3 stars, because I'm not impressed. If Erika comes and updates, it might go up, but meh. I don't know~


So this is it for our food adventure on the first days of 2016!! Happy New Year everyone and enjoy every day fully!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment