Monday, August 29, 2016

Back with Food, Burger Time!

Shared by Ling @ H1ME


Let's appreciate Ling's amazing face in this panorama

Gourmet Burger
Rate: 4½ stars

General Overview
We're back with weekly food! Hopefully we'll be able to keep up this time.. Haha..

Anywa! It all started when Erika and Ling were craving for some Shake Shack after classes.. We decided to look up on Google and found this burger place. The reviews were kinda low (Why is the average only 3.5??????), but the pictures were fancy, so we decided to give it a try. Even with that nasty comment about a chef. Our guts said to go, so we did. Always follow your guts, they bring you to amazing places.

When we got in, the lady at the counter was really really nice! Like seriously really nice! She was enthusiastic about the burgers and quickly explained us how the menu worked. We both got a basic burger with caramelized onions, tomato lettuce. The other toppings were only $1-3 which was very awesome!

At some point, we were left alone.. Like completely alone. Only Erika and Ling in da house yo!

Oh! Also! According to the many reviews on the wall, we HAD to go visit the washroom! At the beginning, we were a bit sketch.. Like why visit the washroom.. Erik went first, then Ling.. Yo man, this washroom is so fancy, way too awesome! ALL FOUR WALLS ARE MIRRORS! Plus the place was really clean too, so nothing to complain about, just way too amazing!


- Mixed Fries (Regular Potato + Sweet Potato)
These fries were really good! We both got the Spicy Mayonnaise sauces, as suggested in the reviews on the wall! Especially since we weren't going to go boring with the traditionnal ketchup, but no hate for ketchup okay. That's good too. But seriously, the sauce made the fries amazing!  To be quite honest, they were kinda tasteless just fries alone, like some fried things, you know? But with the sauce, it gave a great flavour punch. Wow! Amazing!

Le Philly, without coleslaw salad
- Mushroom Sauté
- Cream Cheese
Ling's verdict
We all know I'm super indecisive so I just went and picked from their suggested menu. But man, this combo was really good! I wonder how it'd be with the coleslaw.. If only it wasn't out of stock.. I'd come back just to try it with coleslaw haha.. It's just 2 streets away from my school anyway~ I'll be really honest, the only issue I got with the burger is that it's very big. It's not even an issue issue, it's just issue, get it? (Ling's amazing vocabulary!) I ended up not finishing it, but now I totally regret because I want a burger.. Oh! Also, I didn't eat the tomato... When I picked up the burger, it just slid off, so I didn't bother putting it back it, too lazy hihi~

- A beef burger
- Swiss Cheese
- Guacamole
- Mushroom Sauté
- Truffle Sauce
Erika's verdict
Okay. It doesn't look amazingly appetizing in this photo but I promise. This was amazing. This entire combination was so good. Actually, I think I want a burger again. Although, the tomato slice was too massive and we both had to remove it. I would totally go back for it.

Of course, at the end of our outing, we went to NosThés to get a drink. This time, we only got one each since we were tight on time, but still got our chitchat time ;)
- Litchi Sorbet Iced Tea
- Honey Osmanthus Oolong Jazz Ice Tea with Litchi Jelly

No comments:

Post a Comment